Through the Grace of Hospitality
Welcome, Share, Connect
Hospitality knows no gender! This program is appropriate for anyone who wants to create or enjoy opportunities for meaningful and pleasant entertaining in a home.
Topics listed below may be presented as an all-inclusive program or specifically combined to meet the needs and interests of various groups or individuals. Let Power&Polish customize a program for you.
- Expectations and Best Practices of Gracious Hosts and Welcome Guests
- The Basics of Home Management: Needs, Challenges, and Strategies for Survival
- Entertaining as an Individual, Couple, or Family.
- Understanding Comfort and Quality in the Home
- Home Decor Ideas, Styles, Trends, and Good Taste.
- The Thrill of the Thrift: Reuse, Repurpose, Rediscover
- Varieties of Home Entertaining
- Extending and Accepting Invitations… And Their Pitfalls.
- Hospitality and Children: Yours and Others
- The Overnight Guest: Hosting One or Being One.
- The Basics and Benefits of Tea.
- Cocktail Basics and Alternatives
- International Guests and Strangers
- Dealing with Entertaining Mishaps: the Unexpected, the Unwanted, or the Inappropriate
- Resources and Recommendations
- Dining Skills
- Building Your Personal Power
"The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it."
Let's Get Started
MEET OUR ETIQUETTE CONSULTANT
Ms. Merrily Bjerkestrand was trained and certified as an etiquette consultant through the Protocol School of Washington in Washington, DC. Ms. Bjerkestrand applied the knowledge and standards of excellence acquired from this training, blended her expertise as a consultant with her experience in teaching and coaching, to develop new, unique and powerful programs. These relevant and up-to-date programs are presented to executives, athletes, businesses, students, and universities around the Northwest